Saturday, March 15, 2014

Bitter sweet

Dillon Scott-Holliam
Senior Health Admin major
Of course this is a bitter sweet process but everything must come to an end. My excitement and remorse comes not only from our experience being over but knowing that I may never be able to experience it again. My departure from the university due to graduation made me soak every possible opportunity in!

Our last service day consisted of visiting a senior center and partaking in the "festivities" that occurred I got to witness seniors play what is called "bean bag baseball" as we'll see the cheerleaders (our ASB crew) cheer them on. We were rewarded the opportunity to serve them as well as interact with them.

Afterwards we sorted and organized one of the newer facilities they were going to offer the senior citizens, during the project we got to see Angie's (our cooordinator ) mother! It was a privileged serving the seniors in all possible ways, in return they paid for ice cream at this location called "Shakes" which was delectable !

The week as a whole was rewarding yet exhausting, I'm thankful that my senior year was again well spent participating in my third ASB! I exciting to see where they may end up next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment