Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 2: Shreveport, LA


Hello ! My name is Tiffany Vann. I am a Junior psychology major and Spanish minor. It has been an honor to come down to the state of Louisiana and serve the Shreveport community. The Volunteers of America representatives have shown great hospitality to us. From providing meals, a place to stay, and making our stay comfortable and warm. Our team split that morning, some of us cleaned, while others worked on a education project. The bonding between both groups was wonderful. I learned more about the other people in my group that I never thought I would know. The environment at Lighthouse was so welcoming. They provided a delicious, healthy lunch for us. After our tasks were just about done, we gathered together to plan a field day for the children. Some of the local volunteers helped us as well. The kids were so enthusiastic about getting to know us. From snack time to homework time to field day, they were very special kids of whom I will never forget. I'm glad we could take time to see them and to also help out the representative of Volunteers of America.  When the kids stated we rock at the end that was the icing on the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment