Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Perfect Day


My name is Annika Bailey I am a junior pre nursing major at the University of Memphis. Alternative Spring Break has been a wonderful experience and I would recommend this program to anyone. I was a little skeptical at first about coming but I am glad that I decided to do it. This was a good way to spend my spring break. Today has been a great day. First we went on the tour at the Heifer Ranch. It was my first time touring a ranch and it was huge! The video they showed in the beginning showed a lot. It was very eye opening to se
e how the slums looked. Seeing that made me appreciate so much more and be grateful. We later went to the Food Bank where we packaged food. We all worked together and got the job done. This was my first time actually working in the food bank. That night we went out to eat and I enjoyed the food. I have had a lot of fun because the people on this trip has become so close. I couldn't have asked for a better group to be with. We have laughed, joked with one another and more but after this trip I know we will all hang again.  We all could relate to one another in some form or fashion. I was able to visit places I have never been before and it was a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment